Wednesday 11 January 2012

First blogging experience

It is 11.32am, 12th January 2012 and I have just finished my lecture with Dr. David Deterding for EL 4216. This is the first time ever that I created a blog. I used to wonder why people blog, and after creating my own, I now know the feeling of it.

The purpose of this blog is purely academic for the EL4216 Academic and Professional Electronic Communication course. Some of the things that I will do on this blog is to give reflections and my learning experience of my academic life in University of Brunei Darussalam as an English Language Studies student.

I am currently in my 4th year and I still have a lot of work in improving my English proficiency. So i guess having a blog is not as bad as I thought it was. It is actually fun!  Probably it may be one approach where I can improve my English language skills.

4 comments:

  1. Let's hope it continues to be a valuable experience for you. But even if you find blogging is not fun, you can think about why, and you can use the experience in this course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a valuable experience for me, and definitely fun! What I have learned so far is, blogging makes it easy for me to express and voice what I want to say and what I have in mind. Another use for blogs is that I can share my knowledge, opinions and thoughts to others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't 'express and voice' tautological? Maybe 'opinions and thoughts' is also tautological!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i went through the dictionary, and yes, it is tautological. Another great reason why blogs are useful, especially using it for academic purposes, learning is done outside the classroom as well

    ReplyDelete